Crochet Marvel characters

Crochet Marvel characters
Crochet Marvel characters

Saturday, April 12, 2014

Bead bracelets

  I decided to try my hand at bead bracelet making this past week. Patterns are really easy to find(I just googled bead bracelet patterns and checked out the Google images), however you may have to adjust them depending on your bead size. You can make your own patterns with graph paper.
   I don't own a loom so I had to be creative, I ended up using a basket tray I got at a Dollarama. I also had trouble finding the correct cord/string, so I just used what I could find. I used Beadalon Supplemax monofilament illusion cord for one bracelet and a combination of craft thread and the Beadalon cord for the second.
  I compared prices for seed beads between Michael's(our only local craft store) and Walmart. Walmart ended up being a lot cheaper to buy beads, there seemed to be a 2$ different for every bead package I saw.
   If I had more money to spend on beads I probably would have gotten the more expensive kind. The problem with the cheap Cousin brand beads at Walmart is that though they are supposed to be the same size they are far from it. But again, $2 cheaper, so I had to go with those for now.
   Here is a link to a Youtube video by beadshop1 that really helped me in doing my first bead bracelet. If you want to start with a simple pony bead bracelet, here is a good video to help you. And last of all, if you're interested in macramé bracelets, here's a video that shows how to make them.
30 Seconds to Mars glyph bead bracelet

No comments:

Post a Comment