Crochet Marvel characters

Crochet Marvel characters
Crochet Marvel characters

Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Viking hat with beard

   I've been seeing a lot of bearded hats on my many Google image searches lately(I love looking at other peoples projects and what they came up with, I always feel inspired). I especially like the Viking hats with the dwarf like beards.

   It's been on my to do list for a while now, but I've been avoiding it because I wasn't sure I could do the dwarf beard. But I finally decided just before Halloween that I'd attempt to make one, and I love the result.

Crochet Viking hat
Crochet Viking hat


 The Viking hat was fairly easy to make I just made a normal beanie and added some Viking hat like details. I tend to crochet by eye versus by pattern, so unfortunately I don't have a ready pattern.

  As for the beard, well it took longer to make than the hat, but it wasn't too difficult. I didn't want to make one that was too heavy(Although I do love the look of the heavy beards, check this one out!).

Here is a tutorial for a crochet beanie by bobwilson123(subscribe! She's great). It was very helpful when I first started crocheting. I used to hate making beanies and now I love it!
 

For help in making a yarn beard click here.  Thanks for reading!

                          
                                                                            Sincerely,
                                                                                           Evelyn

No comments:

Post a Comment