Crochet Marvel characters

Crochet Marvel characters
Crochet Marvel characters

Monday, March 10, 2014

Crochet Granny Square Afghan

  
  It's Monday, bright, sunny and full of potential. I have high hopes for this week, hopefully it's a good one!
  I was looking at my yarn stash on Friday, though I'm sure it's comparably smaller than most avid crocheters...in the future I image a room with walls full of square cubbies of yarn. It gives me joy when I look at the colorful yarn, I can't help but smile and look forward to future projects.
   I was trying to decided what kind of project I wanted to do/start for the weekend. I started taking out all the Lion Brand Homespun that I've accumulated, about 5 different color skeins and some scraps. The feel of Homespun is great, it's soooo soft, I've made a couple of shrugs with this yarn and I absolutely love them! I decided that it would be perfect for an afghan.
  So I grabbed my 9.00mm crochet hook and began my granny square afghan. Now it's Monday, and I ran out of yarn :( But this blanket worked up so quickly that once I'm able to get more yarn(Hopefully tomorrow!!) it'll only take me one more day. I can't wait to finish it and snuggle in my wonderfully soft crochet granny square afghan!



   Here's a great video to help if you're new to crochet or just starting to crochet granny squares. I decided that I'd make one large granny square(Mine will be 32 rounds) then crochet granny stripes on the top and bottom to lengthen it(I'm thinking 4 rows on top and 4 on bottom). Once I add the granny stripe rows I will crochet granny stitch around the entire afghan for a more finished look.
   Here's a video on crocheting granny stripes that helped me when I first started. Happy crocheting!

                                                                                        Sincerely,
                                                                                          Evelyn

No comments:

Post a Comment