Crochet Marvel characters

Crochet Marvel characters
Crochet Marvel characters

Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Crochet Turtle Amigurumi- Pattern

  I finished my crochet turtle amigurumi! I must say, I think it's adorable :P. After working on scarves and cowls for a while(which I absolutely love to do!) and then a break for a few days, I'm back to crocheting adorable amigurumi. I can't remember exactly what made me decide on a turtle, but I'm happy I did :).
  So as promised, here is the pattern;

I used a 4.25mm hook and Red Heart Soft yarn

Shell(brown yarn)
Round 1-   Magic ring(6st)

Round 2-   2 Single crochet in each st(12st)
Round 3-   2 Single crochet in each st(24st)
Round 4-   Single crochet in the next 3 stitches, 2 single crochet(increase) in the next, single crochet in the next 3 stitches, increase, continue like this for the row

Round 5-   Single crochet in the next 4 stitches, 2 single crochet(increase) in the next, single crochet in the next 4 stitches, increase, continue like this for the row
Round 6-9-   Single crochet for 4 rows
Round 10-   Single crochet in the back loops for the row

Round 11-   Single crochet 2 together(decrease) for the row

Round 12-   Decrease row, stuff shell

Decrease another 3 times, slip stitch into the next stitch, sew closed, and sew in tail

Note: You can leave the shell of the turtle like this if you like(Or change color after round 10, which is what I did originally, but I find it looks better if you add the extra part bellow after finishing the shell)

This is what I did(green yarn);
Round 1-   Magic ring(6st)

Round 2-   2 Single crochet in each st(12st)

Round 3-   2 Single crochet in each st(24st)

Round 4-   Single crochet in the next 3 stitches, 2 single crochet(increase) in the next, single crochet in the next 3 stitches, increase, continue like this for the row
 Sew piece onto shell
Head
Magic ring(6st)

2 single crochet in every stitch(12st)

Single crochet in the next stitch, increase in the next, single crochet, increase, continue like this for the row

Single crochet for 3 rows
Single crochet, decrease, single crochet, decrease, continue like this for the row

Secure in eyes(I used 12mm)
Single crochet, decrease, single crochet, decrease, continue like this for the row

Single crochet for 4 rows(this creates the neck), sew onto belly, remember to also sew the neck onto the shell otherwise the head will keep falling
Legs
Magic ring(6st)

Single crochet for 3 rows
Make 4, sew onto belly
Tail
Using a 3.75mm hook

Ch 4, single crochet in the second chain from the hook and in each of the next 2 stitches
sew onto body
You're done! I hope this pattern was helpful!

                                                                         Sincerely,
                                                                            Evelyn

4 comments:

  1. How tall/wide is the finished turtle? Does it fit in your hand? Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this pattern. So simple, so cute! I wish I could share a picture of my finished little guy. He's adorable

    ReplyDelete