Crochet Marvel characters

Crochet Marvel characters
Crochet Marvel characters

Thursday, February 13, 2014

Another pair of crochet arm warmers! New pattern :)

  I learned there are troubles of more than one kind. Some come from ahead, others come from behind. But I’ve bought a big bat. I’m all ready, you see. Now my troubles are going to have trouble with me. – Dr. Seuss

  Today has been another long day. Sometimes I feel like I'm just frozen in place while time passes by. Some days are better than others, the only thing that anyone can do is stay positive. That's hard sometimes, I keep feeling like I'm running out of time and I get so anxious, it's sometimes hard to breathe.

  I keep thinking of Dory in the movie Finding Nemo when she  says "just keep swimming, just keep swimming". I need to keep going, to keep being strong, and fighting for what I want my life to be. Tough times are never the end, they're a challenge, for you to work harder to get past them. So that's what I attempt to do everyday....


  Anyway, today I decided I'd work on a new pair of arm warmers. I actually ended up making two pairs with the same easy pattern.

I used a 4.25mm hook and Red Heart Soft yarn

To begin, I chained 36
Single crochet in the second chain from the hook and in every chain.(35 stitches) Will remain at 35 stitches throughout)


Ch 1, turn, single crochet in the back loops

Repeat for 36 rows

Fold piece in half, slip stitch to join and you're done! Super easy, warm and comfy!

I decided to try a scalloped edge, not sure if I like it more plain though.
Here's what I did;

Once done the 36th row I joined the second color(Black),

Ch 1, turn, skip 3 stitches(including chain 1 space), double crochet 5 times in the next stitch, skip 3 stitches, double crochet 5 times in the next stitch, continue like this for the row


Fold piece in half, sew together both ends of the main piece to create the tube form for the arm warmer.

Make 2


When I look at them now they kind of reminds me of a dinosaur, I quite like them :P

Bellow are some pictures of a pair I made sans the scalloped edge.
I hope the pattern was helpful!
 
                                                                              Sincerely,
                                                                               Evelyn


No comments:

Post a Comment