Crochet Marvel characters

Crochet Marvel characters
Crochet Marvel characters

Monday, February 17, 2014

My first attempt at embroidery over a crochet surface

I've been working on some slip stitch embroidery this morning and a good part of yesterday. I crocheted some simple arm warmers and watched a couple of you tube videos and I was good to go!

  Here's what I did for the arm warmers;
Chain 36,
Single crochet in the second chain from the hook and in every other chain for the row(35st)
Ch 1, turn, single crochet for the row(35st)
Repeat the last row until you have 36 rows.
Fold in half and slip stitch together to create the arm warmer tube.
Join yarn at the top of the arm warmer and single crochet around(36st), do the same at the bottom of the arm warmer.

Make 2, and you're done!

Once I finished the arm warmers, I decided on a simple pattern(since this is my first time doing it) and began to embroider.





   Here are the two you tube videos I watched to help me understand and try slip stitch embroidery. Here is the video I watched from Crochet Geek, and here is the video from Kim Guzman.

   I decided to use the technique from Crochet Geek as I found it a bit easier, but both videos are very helpful and I highly recommend you watch the videos if you've never embroidered on crochet.

                                                                              Sincerely,
                                                                                 Evelyn

No comments:

Post a Comment