Crochet Marvel characters

Crochet Marvel characters
Crochet Marvel characters

Friday, February 7, 2014

Easy Crochet Cowl Pattern

   The weather's been on and off these past few weeks in Prince Edward Island. We've had decent weather, you could even say spring like weather. But we've also had cold weather, like right now, which is what we're more used to at this time of the year.
   
   I'm not sure why, but this is the first year that I've really been crocheting scarfs/cowls/hats/beanies. But I've discovered that they are not only easy and quick to make, but I just love wearing things that I've created. I never want to stop creating, my next project will be a vest I think. I'll see about writing a pattern for it for whomever wants it.

  Today, I want to share with you an easy patter for a crochet cowl. All you need to know is how to chain and double crochet. For cold weather I love to use Lion Brand Homespun, it makes really great scarfs, you just have to get used to feeling the stitch as sometimes they're hard to see. But trust me you'll be happy with the result!

  Here is a link to another pattern that I love using Homespun, it's for a beautiful simple crochet shrug(I've made 2 of these already!).

  So to start I made a chain, and I just kept going until it was the length I wanted.
NOTE: You want it to slip easily over your head, but also not be too loose that it doesn't serve it's purpose.

  I used a 9 MM hook, you want a good size hook with this yarn it makes crocheting with it much easier. The color I used is called Corinthian.

 I chained 55, then slip stitched to join into the very first chain(Make sure that you chain isn't twisted)

Ch 3, double crochet in every stitch(I count the ch 3 as a double crochet throughout the pattern)
Slip stitch into the top of the ch 3.

Repeat for 16 rows, or for however long you wish your cowl to be.

Close up of the stitches

Hope you found this helpful!

                                                                     Sincerely,
                                                                        Evelyn

No comments:

Post a Comment