Crochet Marvel characters

Crochet Marvel characters
Crochet Marvel characters

Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Crochet Octopus Pattern!

  Today has been a long day. I took the bus to our local Michael's store for some poly-fil and yarn, it's a cold walk from the bus stop. The wind was not my friend, but I always look forward to going to Michael's, I feel at home with all the craft and art materials.

   Once home, I started my crochet octopus. Unfortunately I got so caught up in crocheting and writing the pattern that I completely forgot to take pictures for the pattern. It's a good thing it didn't take very long to make! So I chose a different color and began to crochet another one. So here it is, my crochet octopus amigurumi pattern!


I used a 4.25mm hook for the head/body and 3.75mm hook for the tentacles, Red Heart Soft yarn
Note: Use a stitch marker or piece of contrasting yarn to keep track of the rounds

Head/body

Magic ring(6 st)
 
2 single crochet in each st(12 st)

2 single crochet in each st(24st)


Single crochet in the next 3 stitches, 2 single crochet(increase) in the next, single crochet in the next 3 stitches, inc in the next, continue like this for the row


Single crochet for 8 rows



Single crochet in the next 2 stitches, single crochet 2 together(decrease) in the next, single crochet in the next 2 stitches, decrease in the next, continue for the row


Single crochet for 2 rows


Single crochet in the next 2 stitches, single crochet 2 together(decrease) in the next, single crochet in the next 2 stitches, decrease in the next, continue for the row


Single crochet row


single crochet in the next 2 stitches, single crochet 2 together(decrease) in the next, single crochet in the next 2 stitches, decrease in the next, continue for the row

Start stuffing

Single crochet for 4 rows


Add safety eyes


This part is a bit tricky to explain. What I did was, from the inside I pinched/folded the back of the recently made 4 rows of single crochet(not yet stuffed) so that it was flush with the back of the head/body and I sewed it together to create the required shape. This may well be the difficult way to go, but it worked for me.


Single crochet 2 together(decrease) for the row


Finish stuffing(you want the head to be full, but keep the area starting with the 4 rows of single crochet low on stuffing to keep the shape)

Decrease for the next row


Sew to close


Tentacles

Ch 20

3 single crochet in the second chain from the hook and in the next 3 chains, single crochet in each of the remaining chains.

Make 8
 
Sew onto body
 







No comments:

Post a Comment